The 90th Academy Awards, or Oscar Awards, will be presented on March 4 of this year at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles, California. The ceremony will recognize the top films and performing artists as well as other behind-the-scenes contributors to this year’s best movies. The ceremony will be crawling with Hollywood icons who are arguably some of the most beautiful and talented performers on Earth.
Celebrities are often distinguished by their alluring smiles. However, those gleaming, perfectly-aligned pearly whites are rarely inherited. Many stars have cosmetic dentistry in order to achieve their stellar smiles. They may have dental implants, teeth whitening, gum grafts, porcelain veneers, and more.
The following Hollywood stars have smiles that are courtesy of skilled dentists:
- George Clooney – Clooney sought out cosmetic dentistry because he had a habit of grinding his teeth. He got a full set of veneers to help him achieve his irresistible smile.
- Hilary Duff – While vocalist Hilary Duff was in concert, she chipped her tooth on a microphone. Instead of fixing the one chipped tooth, she took the plunge and got a full set of veneers to improve the appearance of her natural smile.
- Tom Cruise – This famous movie actor may make the ladies swoon now, but he started his career with crooked and discolored teeth. In search of a better smile, Cruise contacted many cosmetic dentists and underwent several procedures, including teeth whitening and straightening. He also got several veneers for teeth that needed extra help.
- Zac Efron – Before Efron became a “High School Musical” star, his teeth needed major work. They were crooked and yellowed. The dental work obviously paid off for the Hollywood heartthrob.
- Nicolas Cage – This Oscar-winning star’s crowded mouth used to hardly resemble the signature smile he is known for today. He had to get two teeth pulled and orthodontic work to straighten out the others. Today, Cage flashes a full set of bright white veneers.
A less-than-perfect grin doesn’t have to be a deal breaker for movie stars or the rest of us. Talk to your dentist or prosthodontist in Davis County about appropriate treatments to spiff up your smile.